Friday, July 10, 2015

Of Footholds and Age-old New




 They wander about for food and growl if they are not satisfied.
But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; 
Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning, 
For You have been my stronghold 
And a refuge in the day of my distress.
O my strength, I will sing praises to You; 
For God is my stronghold, 
the God who shows me lovingkindness. 
Ps.59:15-17


The dark veil rends
And from the line
At the base of the sky
Mercy extends light's soft incline
From God
To you and I

Before twilight
Will tuck its hem
Around the girth of earth
I wonder what time will unfold
From this age-old
New birth

Dawn’s fresh foothold
Is pink and gold
It’s lark-song ladder spills
Up through new blue
Into the true and perfect
What-God-wills

© Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!