Friday, September 18, 2015

While Man Argues...



 The earth is filled with your love, LORD; teach me your decrees. Ps.119:64

While man argues, bickers and boasts
And demands proof that God exists
He breathes on berm of breaking day
And heaps skylines with amethyst

While man fusses, frets and forgets
Bent on becoming, I AM keeps
The bud; it bursts in bloom and bread
Replenishing dust's still-life deeps

While man pushes, pulls, plans and pleads
And probes earth's pantheon for clues
God tends the universe and seeds
He deepens dusk with blue on blue

While man demands, dreams and derives
And depends, as he laughs-loves-lives
And while he takes and takes and takes
God gives and gives and gives…and gives

...while man argues, debates, denies
Demanding proof that God exists
He thunders in night's star-still skies
And breaks its dark with amethyst

© Janet Martin

We are blessed with much harvest being gathered in these beautiful, sunny days of September!
My mom was at the St. Jacob's Farmer's Market yesterday. She remarked how stand after stand was loaded with colorful goodness and my, how much we have to be thankful for!

Matt woke me when he got in last night...to tell me how amazing the sky looks.
 I told him this morning I really wish I would have gotten out of bed and marveled at the stars with him,
but after being up LATE the night/morning before to finish up some canning I was a sort of Zombie when I crawled out of that first deep sleep to try to understand what he was saying...
There is something intensely moving to stand beneath God's sky of lowered stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!