Thursday, October 15, 2015

Autumn's Song of the Soul





Flowers climb hills into rills spilling wonder
Silences thunder with nature’s applause
Oh, what is man that such infinite grandeur
Lavishes visage with plumed o-o-o-o-h-s and a-a-a-a-a-a-h-s

Borne on a breeze that strips trees in its laughter
Surges a sonnet that startles thought’s ears
Caught in the middle of before and after
Now siphons moments into gathered years

Time is a tempest; man, blessed with its mercy
By He who ordains its four-season sweep
Sorrow is love in Time's most sacred beauty
Manifested in the tears that we weep

Death broods, woos woodlands back to earth; the hour
Of that transition to its birthplace, dust
Whets an awareness to savor the flower
As all life approaches this severing Must

Oh, be not bitter, this come-hither calling
Touches the air like a harp tunes The Whole
Soft, to the tempo of autumn’s leaf falling
A Maestro composes the song of the soul

© Janet Martin

 Today my heart is like a happy-sad waterfall as I clean out the garden...
Well, I pulled out the cabbage, peppers and tomatoes...

...but when it came to pulling out the flowers I just couldn't do it!

so I didn't ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!