Thursday, March 24, 2016

March Casanova





Hush, hush, my love, he murmurs in a summer-tone of dreams
Soon, soon you will be lolling by time’s turquoise-tinted streams
There, there, don’t fret; soon you’ll forget this flurry-flustered fray
For history has never failed us; spring will have Her way



And she will spill her daisies, she will thrill yon hill with bloom
And fill the rill with laughter, plant pansies on winter’s tomb
And tickle trees with fine-spun breeze and tease the roving gaze
With green in every shade and sheen foreign to painter-trays


Hush, hush, my love, soon the dull grove will wade knee-deep in flow’rs
Soon, soon, the promises of June will tune time’s tight-lipped bow’rs
There, there, don’t fret, for never yet has Time forgotten Her
Hush, hush, methinks I hear a song of pinks and purples stir

© Janet Martin


3 comments:

  1. Lovely! And fitting for such a dreary day as this. Hope is on the way. Beautiful imagery. Now I will hush hush and drink in your words, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Oh, Spring...I am so glad she's having her way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night, shall not cease ...", Genesis 8: 22.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!