Monday, May 9, 2016

The Near





Now breaks dawn’s triumph through dark deep
An ark of hope and grace
Unfettered from the Giver’s keep
To erring human-race
Time’s straight and narrow with the broad
Synchronize, called Today
Oh, pray we find its way

Now, up the blue-sky ladder climbs
Morning-tide’s patriarch
Ah list, where heaven’s belfry chimes
And melts away the dark
Before the gaze of humankind
Mercy favors time's sod
And prays for straying feet to find
The way that leads to God

Now is the day of reckoning
Now is the day of grace
How long before hope’s beckoning
Becomes the Savior’s face?
No one can tell, but Now and Here
Are like an awesome Gate
Ah pray we realize The Near
Before it is too late

© Janet Martin


 For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.
2 Cor.6:2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!