Thursday, December 8, 2016

A Thank-you Verse to Each of You...





I don’t know who you are, but thank-you
From time’s precious moment-fray
You choose to use a few minutes
To visit this porch each day


Not for quaff of tea and cookies
Not for handshake’s cheering grip
But for bonds of ink-twirled passion
…for sweet poem-fellowship

Not duty-bound by strict order
You drop by, again, again
Simply to share the meek measure
Of a homespun poet’s pen

...or camera:)
 Either way,
thank-you!

© Janet Martin

I most certainly would set out tea and cookies if I could pass them from here to there!

I got a bag of peak-freans that my 'littles' informed me are "yuck"....
so what to do?
I'm hoping I can pass them off on a Christmas-cookie plate!
(The miracle of white-chocolate drizzle and Christmas-colored sprinkles:)




8 comments:

  1. Thank YOU, Janet. Every time you take a short break from posting (I believe just once a year, when you're on a family vacation) we miss your porch, your poet's pen and camera so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sasha, your kind words are humbling indeed. thank-you from the bottom of my heart for your unwavering encouragement!

      Delete
    2. p.s. ...because it really is not always easy, but it is something I am committed to!

      Delete
  2. The cookie transformation is amazing!!! A miracle indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Janet, for your words and rhymes, for your thoughtful comments and staying in touch. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!