Thursday, January 26, 2017

Painting



 This morn's painting is entitled Silver...
(no my dear fellow-friends, not gray;-)
 And yes, the sun still exists even if it's missed us for two weeks!

Sweep the vale with silver mist
Brush hushed dale with amethyst
Paint heaven soft-indigo
Wash walkways with stars of snow
Help us, as we look, to find
Masterpieces of the mind

Drench the dawn with yawning sky
Smooth to gray frayed lullaby
Sketch new day and etch blue night
With highlights of fetching white
Teach us, as we gaze to see
More than just a place to be

Skim earth’s brim of dust with pink
Stir the heart of us to drink
Splash landscapes with hills and brooks
Art made for long second looks
Draw each face like shadows where
Human race has paused to stare

Hang upon yon walls of space
Scrawl of sapling Jack Frost laced
Move us to be wooed and awed
From a palette held by God
Then, as we look, help us hear
Pictures of Him everywhere


© Janet Martin

If our moment is looking *mostly ordinary maybe we should look again just in case we’ve missed something!


...and if you're still not convinced maybe looking longer indoors is more your style!
Like this...sneak-peek here 
Recipe here..Best Banana Bread
 Delicious!
 (Mine suffered a few baking challenges, like being doughy in the middle but black on the bottom. Not sure if its my oven temp. or the pan, but it disappears in spite of its 'roastiness'.)

'*mostly ordinary' being such a best-blessed life! 

Psalm 73: 21-28

 When my heart was grieved
    and my spirit embittered, 
 I was senseless and ignorant;
    I was a brute beast before you.
  Yet I am always with you;
    you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will take me into glory. 
 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you. 
 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.
  Those who are far from you will perish;
    you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. 
 But as for me, it is good to be near God.
    I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
    I will tell of all your deeds.

3 comments:

  1. "Lightly toasted with butter" covers a multitude of baking sins... what a perfect combination of silver snow outdoors and warm baking aromas indoors!
    Your phrasings compel me to pause and repeat words aptly married to winter views. (And the row of rocks along your drive reminded me of stone boat spring days picking frost-heaved rocks from the pasture, then decades later doing the same in miniature scale on my little town lot!)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you Cyndy, for sharing your own 'painting'. love it.

      Oh yes, thank God for butter and cheese...it turns common cooks into master-chefs!!

      Delete
  2. Inspiring poem. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!