Friday, January 13, 2017

Will It Be A Fair-poem Morning?



H-m-m-m, I sometimes ask of you as I survey Your fresh lines,
'will you be a fair-poem morning' or a 
or a tight-fisted fighter?
What a treat...those days when 'you' come to me without much resistance!



Sometimes you come to me, begging and pleading
Tender, I trace you from whisper to word
Sometimes I look for you, like a friend needing
More than the murmur of mantras soft-blurred

Sometimes you come to me without fair warning
Stealing my breath with the depth of word-rush
Sometimes you hover, a lover where morning
Will not relinquish what wish cannot touch

Sometimes you come to me all smiles and kisses
Running me through with your ready replies
Sometimes you linger beyond thought’s embraces
Vexing the place only verse satisfies

Sometimes you come to me, easy and willing
Spilling to page like a sea full of dreams
Sometimes I look for you, groan for you, darling
But you are far too far from me, it seems

© Janet Martin


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sacrifices you make for everyone who stops by here..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome feelings in many hearts. (of poets and those who know life as a wonder)
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!