Saturday, February 18, 2017

Must Be...





Must be these moments dipped in frost
That makes me ponder wonders lost
To love’s inevitable cost


Or maybe it’s the fellowship
Of day-to-days that deftly slip
Like petals, inaudible drip


…from touch into that place of years
Where, in fond fashion reappears
An echo-land in salty spheres


So that the pen cannot ascribe
With ink the yen that aches inside
Of Time and its betokened tide

© Janet Martin

"That's a Nice Hibiscus..."


'Oh, help' said the young, beautiful, willowy woman
inside the door of my laundry room, as she came to pick up her little preschooler.
 'I must be getting old! I just said 'that's a nice hibiscus' as if I knew anything about flowers, 
or cared, 
but I am starting to notice flowers, like my mother!'




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! and I know who you were describing..:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi:) and thank-you. I'm not sure yet if it's a full or half-return. Time will tell.

      Delete
  3. "I am starting to notice flowers, like my mother" - captured it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right, it did! a line of poetry on its own!
      (maybe someday my own daughters will refer to peonies as more than 'those pink bally flowers:)

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!