Wednesday, April 12, 2017

But Lo, I Looked And Saw A Cross...

PAD Challenge day 12: For today’s prompt, write a guilty poem.

But lo, I looked and saw a cross...hallelujah! thank-you Jesus Image result for jesus on the cross
(image source: pinterest)




I should and would be damned and doomed
Without reason to smile or sing
Hope would be like a corpse exhumed
Deadness that wears a shroud of skin
Where mortal best attempts at love
Could never touch or soothe that place
And more would never be enough
Until it is filled with God’s grace

When humble Belief softens Hearts
Then Heart beholds soul’s utter guilt
…how Christ, and Christ alone imparts
Redemption through His life-blood spilt
And forgiveness is full and free
Through Sacrifice that washes clean
Where death and hell would ever be
Jesus and Heaven intervene

I should and would by Guilt be cursed
A wretch, bound for what I deserve
But lo, I looked and saw a cross
Immersed in love without reserve
Where Perfection His life out-poured
To atone once for all, guilt’s ban
So that The Way would be restored
From man to God and God to man

© Janet Martin

Account of Jesus' death and burial; John 19
Account of Jesus' resurrection; John 20


 Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

The Lord works righteousness
    and justice for all the oppressed.

2 comments:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!