Sunday, May 7, 2017

How Good the Good and Sad the Bad...





There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behooves any of us to find fault with the rest of us.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/jamestrusl393633.html


How good the good we do
How sad the bad, then we
Should not point fingers; no
But seek humility

For all the good we do
Is by the grace of God
And there is no one who
Has not deserved His rod

Then we are oh, so glad
For mercy’s cleansing blood
For He forgives the bad
And He lives in the good

So then, how good the good
But oh, how sad the bad,
For all that oft ‘we should’
Is what we wish ‘we had’

© Janet Martin

 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.  For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.
Rom.7:18-19 


1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!