Wednesday, May 17, 2017

On Doing Our Part...








He does his part
He frills the trees with leaves
Earth’s eaves with blue
He stirs the hold
That bursts in gold
And emerald avenue
He spills to rills
And wind-swept hills
A merry melody
The very air we breathe
Is charged with
 Art and poetry
The girth of earth
Is like a canvas
Every crest and crease
A high and low
Of dark and light
In mercy’s masterpiece
The bird, the bloom’s
Prolific boon
And tune is like a prayer
To He who does His part
To startle
The onlooker's stare
…Then do your part
And let the love of looking
Steal your heart
As you inhale
The miracle
In nature’s perfect art

© Janet Martin


 Proverbs 3:19
The LORD by wisdom founded the earth, By understanding He established the heavens.

3 comments:

  1. I have been so blessed, I had to do my part. (and I was blessed more!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You practice the presence of God in your poetry and cast a veil of reverence over every day. It is one reason why I keep coming back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!