Monday, May 29, 2017

Prayer For the Pilgrim

 




Lord, make us more than merchants of moments that fade away
Lord, fill our hearts with love for fellow-travelers today
For who knows by the time the sun sets who of us will pass
From here to where no one returns to shout hurray, alas

Lord, take our brokenness and make it fitting for love’s task
Banish our bitterness and live through us, I humbly ask
For who of us is better than the rest of us; no one
And we all need forgiveness for the sins that we have done

Lord, bind the heart that sorrows, with the kindness of Your word
Remind us that Your promises are pure and undeterred
For who or what can comfort besides Heaven’s Hope unfurled
In pages that prepare us for a place beyond this world

© Janet Martin



 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. 
Ps.119:28 NIV



1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!