Thursday, May 25, 2017

Time To Pray




 I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;
    he heard my cry for mercy. 
 Because he turned his ear to me,
    I will call on him as long as I live.
Ps.116:1-2

With all this distraction, attraction, oh my
That spreads out its daily buffet
Sometimes it’s easy to understand why
We don’t take enough time to pray

With all of life’s coming and going and thus
That rallies to quicken the day
I think it behooves every one of us
To ponder how much time we pray

With all of the love that God grants faithfully
With all of the hope, help and care
I wonder how much less distressed we would be
If we spent more time with Him in prayer

Futile the bubble of darling daydreams
 What fort in trouble are they?
More, more than ever before it seems
The world needs more people who pray


The Lord does not forget or ever leave us
What comfort for our day to day
Oh, what a friend we have in Jesus
We should take more time to pray

© Janet Martin

Lots of lovely hymns pertaining to prayer




















3 comments:

  1. "No man should enter any great or important undertaking without invoking the blessing of God." - the Freemasons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to true! and how much also the 'small' undertakings as well!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful poem, Janet. The image of the bubble of daydreams contrasted with the fort when in trouble is particularly stirring. I was just thinking the other day that I would have been one of those who would have fallen asleep in the garden when Jesus, in his agony, had asked me to pray.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!