Monday, July 3, 2017

Renascence of Spirit



Wishing you a wonder-full day!

You have enclosed me behind and before,
            And laid Your hand upon me.
      Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
            It is too high, I cannot attain to it.

 Ps.139:5-6


Its archive harbors hunger
That wends its age-old way
From night to day where Wonder
Is never held at bay

The one who seeks will find it
It kindles star-straked Yon
With eons sealed behind it
It breaks dark bars with dawn

And spills its mercy-shower
Across the mist-kissed lea
And fills the bud with flower
And pilots Poetry

No one too poor to wear it
The wealth that Wonder brings
A renaissance of spirit
It gladdens common kings

And wakens in worn Being
With Hope and nothing more
A whole new way of seeing
What we have seen before

© Janet Martin

 Last evening's Update from Dave's wife Karen; 
(To new-comers; I'm keeping readers updated on a journey that began here)
Hello everyone,

When I arrived at the hospital Dave said he already walked the halls this morning. A little later the physiotherapist came in again, took him for another walk and then got him to sit in his chair to have lunch. After lunch he got back into bed. Soon his parents came down for a visit. Wasn't long after his parent came he was just so tired that he had a rest while we visited for bit and then I went to the family room to put my feet up while mom and dad stayed with him until he woke up and they came and got me.
Later in the evening Josh and Krista came to pick me up. 
Another good day and his pain is under control so that really helps.
Thank-you SO much for your continued prayers!


2 comments:

  1. Well written reflection. Thanks for the update. Will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!