Friday, May 4, 2018

Master of the Mind




Those voices in my head are not
Always polite or wise or kind
Oh, what a mess they make of thought
If left to masters of the mind

If left to masters of the mind
Oh, how the love of God I grieve
He knows that thought and sight are blind
Their voices condemn and deceive

Their voices condemn and deceive
They turn fear to a work of art
Faith would feel rather than believe
Without God’s word hid in my heart

Without God’s Word hid in my heart
I could not know the Way-Truth-life
Or peace His promises impart
Or heaven’s strength for earthly strife

Oh, heaven’s strength for earthly strife
Makes bearable life’s push and shove
A bulwark in the storms of life
A steadfast Source of Truth and Love

A steadfast source of Truth and Love
What more should mortal want or need
His Word to measure and approve
It does not falter or mislead

It does not falter or mislead
Its truth no brainstorm can outsmart
Where I am prone to pride, hate, greed
Without His Word hid in my heart

© Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!