Monday, April 26, 2010

Against My Will





I’ve tried to gather those memories
Into a distant space
And I have tried not to yearn for
The moments a life can’t replace
I focus on all of the blessings
Daily poured into my hand
As seconds then minutes and hours
Sift through my fingers like sand
I’ve tried not to picture your smile, dear
Or the eyes that melt the soul
And I’ve learned that half a heart,love
Can do the work of a whole
I’ve tried not to hear your whisper
At night when the world is still
I’ve even tried to forget you
But I remember, against my will

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Sometimes I come across a picture that begs a poem.....
Most often I try to find a picture for the poem,
every so often I see a picture that writes itself:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!