Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Loving You


Loving you has been one of life’s sweetest pleasures
I have been given the rarest of treasures
Something so valuable, precious and grand
Something I carry in my heart, not my hand
And darling, sometimes I forget, yes it’s true
To tell you how nice it is….. loving you

You love me enough to be honest with me
I don’t care for ‘stuff’… like flattery
Some folk will tell you that truth may hurt
But flattery to me is like a mouth full of dirt
So I can reply in honesty too
It’s been such a blessing…. loving you

I know dear, we’ve had our share of trouble
But anything worth having is worth the struggle
As we stand at the top of the hill and look back
It’s easy to forget little things we lack
And I am so thankful for love kind and true
It’s been such a pleasure….. loving you

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!