Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Words, Only Words......


Words, words, only words he said
But at his words I shook my head
They are never really only words
These syllables evoke both healing and hurt
For word is the scalpel which slices the soul
And words are the ointment that makes us whole
Words are fire and words are ice
Words inspire and make us think twice
Words draw us in or shut us out
Words reassure and allay our doubt
No matter the embrace, no matter the kiss
Without ever a word there is something a-miss
Music is lovely it stirs the heart
But the words to the music are the powerful part
Words build and restore what other words crush
Words are the paint on a poet’s brush
Words, only words, perhaps that is true
But tell me, what is it that drew me to you?


All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!