Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Prayer for Life


Take my hand, dear Lord, I pray

You will never lead astray

In life’s pathways there are two

Let my footsteps follow You


Kindly Shepherd of us all

Hold me so I will not fall

Let my thought and action prove

The indwelling of Your love


Teach my lips to sing Your praise

Through the battle and the blaze

Satisfy my spirit Lord

As I feed upon Your word


Be my glory and my boast

Be the wisdom I crave most

Fix my earth-dimmed gaze to trust

In true Hope beyond this dust


Lift me up when I am weak

Temper every word I speak

Savior, Father, Jesus, Friend

Keep me ‘til my journey’s end


Janet

2 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful prayer, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Mary, For some reason when I woke this morning life looked a little bleak. As I prayed it began to brighten, and something prompted me to type as I prayed and this is what came of it. Isn't it great to know God loves and cares for each of us so very tenderly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!