Monday, June 25, 2012

Never Like This Again




It will never be this way again
With sentimental thought
I touch the moment I am in

I cannot curse this vapor thief
That steals while it is giving
And heals while inflicting grief

The timbre of pleasure and pain
Is love’s essence, bittersweet
As I realize it will never be like this again

Perpetual trickle of laughter and tears
Time comforts and torments
As moments become years

It will never be like this again
So I caress it tenderly
This moment I am in

© Janet Martin

I grabbed my camera to take a picture of the last morning forever, of three scholars leaving together.

5 comments:

  1. You're wise to know that this moment doesn't last forever, and even wiser to try and capture it. Reminds me of the last scene of "Our Town." - Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mosk, I'm just feeling the twinge of time today:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured that moment on camera and in the heart with beautiful words Janet....they do grow up so fast! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fleeting memories. What a fantastic sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, thank-you...yes, they do! WAY, way...

    V, everything in this life is fleeting, isn't it? Thank-you for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!