Sunday, September 16, 2012

Vessel...a Morning Prayer





Lord,
Of all my dreams and my ambitions
Be they virtuous or grand
Let me desire most of all
To be a vessel in your hands

In all my gains and all my losses
May I ever bear in mind
That it is beneath life’s crosses
That your tender strength I find

Through life’s footfalls and its follies
When despair seeks to prevail
Let me cling to heaven’s promises
Of A Love that will not fail

Lord,
This is the day you’ve made
As its moments sweep time’s sand
Let me desire most of all
To be a vessel in your hands

© Janet Martin


4 comments:

  1. Amen.

    A beautiful prayer to start this day!

    Gracias. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet ~ this is just what I needed to read this morning! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing devotional prayer. It's a real blessing, thank-you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God knows the best for us and we should just have faith in him......very nicely done:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!