Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday Thoughts on the Transpiring and Expiring of Moments



 

To dredge the past in search of its measure
Is but to forfeit this moment-treasure

***
To pine for the wine in tomorrow’s vine
Is to waste the taste of this moment’s haste

***
Darling, the amazement and astonishment
Which grand architecture induces
Fills me with wild wonder and delight…
Yet, its wonderful wonderment
Pales in weak excuses
Against your heartbeat in the still of the night

***
Intangible trickle
Vast vaporous sea
Time is a twinkle
In eternity

***
Taste the moment on your lip
Oh, and do not let it slip
Into the blue, transpired in vain
For it will not return again

***

What is our calling
Brother to brother?
Why, it is but this
To love one another

***

Sometimes thought’s echo sparks within me
A longing for hours that used to be
But then I remember,
Today’s moment-splendor
Is shaping tomorrow’s memory

***

A sigh, a gasp
Is but the cast
Of moments melting
In the past
Take heed, my love
At what they teach
For soon they slip
Beyond our reach

***

Hold my hand, darling
Love is lonely alone
Each day is a pitfall
Or a stepping-stone

***
Life is a lover
The bliss of its kiss
Is rendered in caresses
Not of what was, but what is

***

Take a moment
To taste the moment
Dissolved
In a moment

***

When you hold me like this
Sweet moment-glance
I’m filled with the urge
To sing and dance
Because ours is such
A tempestuous romance
You offer, but once
Each moment-chance



© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!