Friday, June 28, 2013

Green



Many a month may boast its fare
And flaunt their robes of splendor
But I have yet to wander where
There is a robe more tender
Than June with coat of evergreen
In vivid shade or lazy
From woodland haunts of emerald sheen
To fields of dew and daisy

The rolling hills in splendor reign
Above lush dell and hollow
I hear their whispers soft and green
They taunt with trails to follow
Into the crooning underbrush
Of cool green shadows sighing
Beneath the sweeping, languid hush
Of willow-branches crying

Winter, oh take your dazzling white
Autumn, regale your glory
Those crimson hillsides flaming bright
Today, do nothing for me
Today I’ll rest in summer’s arms
Of June’s resplendent treasure
Of glorious green in countless forms
 Expanding without measure

 Janet~

Megan reminded me of a poem I wrote a few years ago. Thank-you Megan, for your interest and for sharing it:) We can revel in June for 2 more days!This years it looks like a lush,green July as well, due to an abundance of rain!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! lovely..Green is my favourite colour and this is a beautiful dedication to it. Thankyou so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! lovely..Green is my favourite colour and this is a beautiful dedication to it. Thankyou so much

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!