Thursday, June 6, 2013

Of Accounting And Dividends




Before accountability
Pressed quite so heavily on me
I did not think so carefully
Of Time’s intensive haste
But now, an inner voice exhorts
A keen encouragement of sorts
That life’s allotment is so short
We have no time to waste

Yet I will not hate or berate
The pressing of its somber weight
For it reminds me of a Gate
Unyielding in its charge
And as we climb the mystic stair
From ‘little here’ to ever there’
We ought to steadfastly prepare
To leave Time’s temporal barge

This volatile mortality
Will soon exchange its leniency
For lasting immortality
Beyond Time’s dividend
Hope spurs each step of sacrifice
Though disguised demons croon, entice
We press against deceptive vice
For death is not the end

Before accountability
Impressed its sacred yoke on me
I did not think so carefully
About Time’s transient door
But now it seems its moments plead
That we pay keen and earnest heed
To ticking clocks that gently lead
Toward forevermore

© Janet Martin


 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Romans 14:12


For this reason we must pay closer attention to the things we have heard, or we may drift away, Heb 2:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!