Saturday, June 29, 2013

Of Love and Souls





To skim lightly
Over your skin
With my eyes,
To glance passively
In your direction
Yet not recognize
In full the import
Of precious you
Is like touching
Without feeling
Or sight
Without view

Can I say
‘I love you’
Yet treat nonchalantly
The invisible
That lives for
Eternity?
What are the laws
That you write
On your heart
Or bind ‘round
Your neck
Its wisdom
To impart?

To kiss you and
Hold you and
Never full tell
Of soul-truth
Redemption,
Of Heaven and hell
Is like skimming
Over love
Or smiting
The face
Of He who
IS
Love,
Hope
Goodness and
Grace

© Janet Martin

What are our children writing on their hearts?

And you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up. And you shall bind them for a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. And you shall write them on the posts of your house, and on your gates. …Duet. 6:7-9

My son,  keep your father's commandment, and forsake not the law of your mother: Bind them continually on your heart, and tie them about your neck. When you go, it shall lead you; when you sleep, it shall keep you; and when you wake, it shall talk with you. …Prov. 6:21

My son, forget not my law; but let your heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to you. Let not mercy and truth forsake you: bind them about your neck; write them on the table of your heart: …Prov 3:1-3

My son,  keep my words, and lay up my commandments with you. Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers, write them on the table of your heart. …Prov.7:3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!