Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Two-for-two Tuesday



No, this is not a grand-baby; it is my friend's baby;)



Day 12 of Writer's Digest PAD challenge; It’s that time again. Time for another “Two for Tuesday” prompt. Do one, do the other, do both, whatever keeps you poeming this month:
  1. Write a poem about your happiest moment. Well, doesn’t have to be yours actually. Just a moment that is someone’s happiest.
  2. Write a poem about your saddest moment. Conversely, take happy, flip it, and make it the saddest moment.


After travail
A newborn wail
And the first breath
Of motherhood
She kisses with joy
Wee girl or boy
And whispers,
It is good,
It is good

…and she does not yet know
As she cradles and cuddles them so
That with that first kiss
Begins the lifelong
Bittersweet bliss
Of holding and
Letting go

© Janet Martin

Happy one month anniversary Rob and Emily.

2 comments:

  1. These are both so beautiful! oh...that holding and letting go...so well put. Are you going to continue doing Thursday thoughts? I really like those, kind of like a mini bible study mixed with Mom's wisdom. Anyway, those are my 2 cents/request ha =)
    Also, did you catch Billy Graham's recent broadcast from a couple of days ago? Soo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, thank-you and yes, I would love to keep on with Thurs. thoughts! Lord and internet-service willing;)

    I heard about the broad-cast after it aired. Pretty incredible, isn't it? I should you-tube it and see if I can find it.

    Thank-you for your invitation to keep being inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!