Friday, August 8, 2014

Prelude to Summer's Swansong





The lamplight circle is full of flowers
But oh, I know its glow
Will soon relinquish summer’s hours
To leaf-tempests, then snow

The heart of a dreamer is full of summer
But oh, something tells me
A swansong waits to fill a stage
Where summer used to be

The night tiptoes in where daylight is laughing
But oh, he comes so soon
While we are busy autographing
Postcard-afternoons

Come, my darling, let’s dance ere the curtain
Falls and this season is past
I’m not a prophet, but I am quite certain
Nothing this good can last

© Janet Martin

We are having such a beautiful 'Goldilocks' summer...not too cold and not too hot...just right!

Since the boys I babysit are on a week of vacation it was a good time to tackle lots of jobs! Yesterday while working in the garden I noticed this sunflower among its deeper-hued peers. We are enjoying it as a center-piece...



1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!