Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Awareness of Greatness





Awareness of Greatness far-more than mere words can descry
Surges within this cage of skin where Want and Worship vie
Our understanding babbles; vexed by what thought cannot grip
Yet one glimpse is enough to concede a Supreme Lordship

The wheel of nature’s season-reel drips, we behold with awe
What mankind cannot fluster nor usurp; a higher law
Mutes mustered explanation, save for One; as we applaud
With sacred salutation the awareness of Him; God

Time’s melody of moments spills a gossamer incline
Where we are prone to distraction as on and up we climb
Still, who but fools dares to ignore the Hand that bore, for Grace
The agony of nails pierced through, yet holds the stars in space?

Oh, God forbid we put a lid on Awareness of He
Who stokes the depths of darkness where the Light of day breaks free
And even though the tongue may boast and scorn, somewhere within
Awareness of Greatness persists; a Conqueror of sin

For who can heal body and soul, or appeal life from sod?
And who can save from Hades grave, But One; the Lord our God?
Tell me then, who among us can His magnitude perceive?
Awareness of Greatness persuades the wise man to believe

© Janet Martin

"See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.
 Deut.32:39

"We are living in the last days" announced Matt at the supper table, "but who knows how long the 'last days' will be?"
What happened? I ask, and he explains how some of his teachers (and then, many students) scoff at the idea that anyone would still believe in a God who created heaven and earth!
Why, I wondered, do they apply themselves so vehemently to disprove Something they claim does not exist?!Could it be A Greater Awareness?

Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 2 Pet.3:3

39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

40 For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.
41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.
42 I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.
43 Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!