Friday, June 30, 2017

Heaven's Glow Here Below...



Last night a little 'burst' of something created havoc in our little village for a few minutes;
 before you could blink neighbours were out helping neighbours, 
the sound of chain-saws and voices filling the misty, evening air.
My favorite orchard's last plum tree is uprooted plus many laden, broken fruit trees.
My friend lost a huge tree in her yard.
Thankfully, there are no reports of injuries anywhere, only lost trees.


People rally in the valley
When ill weather ruins ‘plan’
Then we gather, sister, brother
Help each other where we can

Listen honey, when it’s sunny
We are apt to soon forget
…take for granted what is planted
‘Neath the footpath that we tread

God in Heaven knows we’re given
Spirits strong and undeterred
If this Dust can learn to trust Him
Troubled waters prove mere word

People rally in the valley
Here the Balm in Gilead grows
Hope beseeches, Mercy reaches
To dark trenches; heaven glows

© Janet Martin

 Here is last night's update from Dave's wife...

Hello everyone! 
Thankful to report he had another good day! Thank-you SO much for all the prayers etc. He sat on the side of the bed for 1 HR and took a few steps! A lot easier today; not so much pain when they helped him out. His appetite was better today as well
 ( it being roast beef for supper maybe helped ) 
Resting nicely right now. 
Prayers are being answered!

 I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.

Psalm 116:1-2



6 comments:

  1. Goodness! A very bad storm? No tornadoes I hope... So glad people weren't hurt.
    Great news about your brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thankfully no tornado, and yes, no injuries. One dad I babysit for said it looks like something called a micro-burst. It is wetter around here than I can ever remember, creating all kinds of bizarre weather. Just a week ago we had the flood, now this! this week it rained while the sun shone...it's like there is so much water in the atmosphere it just can't quit! total epposite of last year!

      We are so thankful that Dave's pain is more manageable the past 2 days. Truly an answer to many prayers prayed! Tomorrow I will see him for the first time, slowly people are starting brief visits for Karen's well-being as much as Dave's!

      Thank-you for your care.

      Delete
  2. Nice piece of Word Wizardry. Thank you for the update. Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven really does glow. Thank you for the reminder, Janet, and thanks for keeping us updated about Dave & Karen. Amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glynis, and thank-you! I will still post updates but maybe not every day; it just depends how the day to day progresses!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!